Don’t Wait for Magic or Luck
Prosperity comes from clever design.
Learn how to grow food. Find the difference between organic gardening and permaculture living. Design to use natural energy in your living and workplaces. Build community. Get a good grounding in permaculture with a combination of theory and on-site learning. Get the lifestyle your really want by doing a course to build your planning and design skills.
Are you bursting to do something positive to help stem climate change? This course is for those who are ready for an empowered, permaculture lifestyle and want to get the skills to make that happen.
“What permaculturists are doing is (some of) the most important activity that any group is doing on the planet. We don’t know what the details of a truly sustainable future are going to be like, but we need options. We need people experimenting in all kinds of ways and permaculturists are one of the critical groups that are doing that”. ~Dr. David Suzuki, Geneticist, Renowned Environmentalist and Broadcaster
This twelve-day intensive retreat covers everything from exploring the relationship between our health and soil health to finding social strategies – it’s a course filled with permaculture concepts, knowledge, techniques and practice. The overall goal is always to build a better future for all.
How To Create A Better Future
Turn Your Dreams Into Functional Designs.
The first step in enriching our lives is to take stock of what we have left. The planet will survive, but mankind’s habitat is challenged. So, What do we really want and what do we need? What people need is pretty simple (yet surprisingly delicate). How can we determine if it’s gone or going?
What Do YOU Really Wish For?
We all need clean air, clean water, clean soil, genetic material. Most of us also desire freedom, a sense of purpose, connection with nature and connection with others.
A permaculture course gives us skills to measure, interact, design and protect what we have and enrich that which needs.
In Permaculture Sydney’s Course you will learn:
Permaculture topics as taught by Bill Mollison. We ensure the Designers Manual is fully covered as the main curriculum
- an abundance of extra resources and topics to support the main curriculum and provide variable perspectives of the main topics
- specialist expertise and knowledge (drawing on the strengths of trainers) with a range of experienced quality trainers to cover topics of the Permaculture Design Certificate in which they have
- theory and practice of permaculture with a range of delivery styles and methods throughout the course including small group work, one to one work, lecture style sessions and whole group discussions
- A real life, whole design process from interviewing the client, formulating the brief, gathering data for the site, developing a design and finally presenting the design
- specialist and specific design exercises as well as total design exercises
- a swag of essential designers skills and knowledge
Our courses are a bit longer than others – so we can ensure we make it the best possible experience for you. PSI honors the two-week intensive Permaculture Design Certificate course format traditionally designed by Bill Mollison. We believe our format produces the best possible outcomes and learning experience for participants as it was designed to do.
Permaculture Sydney Institute aims to provide the participants with both the skills and the confidence to start “doing it” themselves. We guarantee participants will be able to go home and do what they have learned in the course. Permaculture Sydney Institute is committed to quality education, quality outcomes and quality of life for each participant. Follow up contact and support for graduates is also provided after the course.
Once completed the Permaculture Design Certificate participants will
- Have a through understanding of Permaculture and its theory, ethics, principles and techniques and why it is critical in obtaining a truly sustainable society
- Know how to design and create a permaculture system in both town or country settings
- Have acquired the skills and confidence to proceed on their own garden design and construction (with some help of their Permaculture group and friends)
- Be familiar with the design process from client interview to presentation of design
- Have professional options for Permaculture including ones own Pc business
- Have acquired some practical design skills required for construction e.g.: map & landscape reading, marking contours and making swales and other criteria.
Permaculture Sydney Institute is able to offer course participants a flexible fee scale depending what type of accommodation you choose and your personal situation. Remember, the venue is a beautiful country retreat so whatever accommodation type you choose you will be doing the most important course of your life in a fantastic setting. You couldn’t ask for more.