In 2030 there will be 30% less jobs. What will the new jobs be?
Depression-proof employment inspired by a lecture at the last permaculture convergence delivered by Nicole Foss:
- Organising other people: mediators, facilitators, teachers of practical skills
- Organising resources: eg. police, lawyers, control
- Supply goods and services and investing in others.
- Develop practical skills
- Health care
- escapism such as authors, entertainers
Minimise debt, hold cash and cash equivalents, be careful not to over spend on building your education and hang on to your hard goods.
Hard goods include
- your bike
- reference books
- spare parts
- water infrastructure
- cooking equipment
- Energy making sources (when you own your own energy, you own a lot of opportunity)
- trading goods